The SEND Local Offer is a resource which is designed to support children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities and their families. It describes the services and provision that are available both to those families in Derbyshire that have an Education, Health and Care Plan and those who do not have a plan, but still experience some form of special educational need. The SEND Local Offer includes information about public services across education, health and social care, as well as those provided by the private, voluntary and community sectors.
More information can be found on;
The school has a strong working relationship and links with external support services in order to fully support our SEND pupils and aid school inclusion. Sharing information and knowledge with support services is key to the effective and successful SEND provision at our school.
Support Services include:
• Educational Psychology;
• Health – school nurse, paediatricians, clinical psychologists;
• Teachers for the visually, physically or hearing impaired;
• CAMHS (Child, Adolescent and Mental Health Service);
• Speech and Language Therapists;
• Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists;
• Behaviour support service;
• Support Service for Special Educational Needs;
• Specialist outreach services – autism outreach;
• Social services and
• Multi agency teams.